Friday, September 14, 2012

Bienvenue

Ever since I was a little girl, I've loved museums. One visit and I was transported to the past with objects of art, science, history; those that had been preserved to learn from and gawk at. Coming from a city like New York, I've had the pleasure of frequenting a variety of museums. At one time the Museum of Natural History was my favorite place to be, whereas six months ago I was conveniently living five avenues from the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

I've come to appreciate markets just as much. New York City, like Paris, also has a great deal of markets--from foods to crafts to flea. To spend an afternoon observing the objects (and figures) of the present is a wonderful thing.
In an attempt to integrate myself into  the current local culture, I've taken it upon myself to visit each one in Paris. Talk about the perfect place for souvenirs; both in the English understanding of the word and in the French (souvenirs=memories)! I'll share my experiences with museums, markets, and the Paris they reveal to me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment