Friday, September 28, 2012

Le musée Fragonard

At 6 years old, I was convinced I should be a veterinarian. I'd always preferred stuffed animals over dolls, I often played "vet", and the local veterinarian hospital had a small apartment above it with big windows in front, otherwise known as the perfect place for my easel. Somewhere between then and now though, I realized I don't love biology.
With that said, I didn't expect not enjoy France's oldest and one of the world's first veterinarian museums. And yet, I didn't. I attribute this to its unique origins as first, a cabinet of curiosities (a random collection of spectacularly odd items meant to shock and impress fellow Renaissance aristocrats), and second as an educational space for veterinary students. I am neither. Still, I appreciate it as the most unique museum space I've ever been to! As for those with interests in biology, medicine, and the intersection between the arts and sciences, I highly recommend you visit as well.
Où? 7 avenue du Général de Gaulle, 94700 Maisons-Alfort
Quand?Wednesday & Thursday, 2pm-6pm; Saturday ; Sunday, 1pm-6pm
Comment?Metro Ecole Vétérinaire de Maisons-Alfort; RER Maisons-Alfort; Bus 24, 203, 204, 207, 125, 78, 325

No comments:

Post a Comment